Sunday, April 5, 2009

Ridley Creek State Park - First Picnic of Spring!

Today was a beautiful day for a hike in Ridley Creek State Park and a picnic. Highs were in the mid sixties and the day was sunny and bright, although cool in the shade. We started the day with a nice long hike. The undergrowth is beginning to turn green, and a few early wildflowers are appearing. I had to adjust the straps of my backpack because they no longer have to accommodate a heavy winter coat, which was a great feeling! After our hike, we had a picnic. A few of us brought some kites and also tossed a frisbee around. It was a wonderful start to the Spring hiking season!

Ridley Creek

Another view of Ridley Creek

Undergrowth is green!

Lift off!

Pixie made the rounds looking for some handouts. I think she got some!

1 comment:

troutbirder said...

First a thanks for stopping by my little "nature blog". I must say I'm glad you did as then I got to visit your two blogs. Your nature/park pictures are really spectacular. Also I concur totally with you views and work on diversity et. all. Our focus is on helping our son and daughter-in-law as they have and are adopting children from Ethiopia and Rwanda.