Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Shenandoah National Park

I just returned from a beautiful visit to Shenandoah National Park during the peak of Autumn foliage season.

My first day was a little bit drizzly so I spent some time in Luray Caverns.

The formations were amazing.

I hiked to the top of Stony Man Mountain.

Autumn foliage as seen from Skyline Drive.

Mountain views from every vista

Row upon row of mountains

A view of Old Rag, a popular spot for climbers

Yet another stunning vista

Can you see the profile of the Stony Man? Me neither.....

Last bit of sunlight on the mountain

On a clear day I hiked to Whiteoak Canyon Falls, at 86 feet the second highest waterfall in the park.

The path was covered with jewel colored leaves.

Another waterfall in Whiteoak Canyon

The woods were filled with gold and orange hues.

Beauty everywhere I looked

Lower Whiteoak Falls

No comments: